5 Step Guide
Get Your Marriage License
- You do not have to be a California resident to obtain a California marriage license, so feel free to come visit and have your own destination wedding!
-Marriage licenses are valid for 90 days from the date of issuance and may only be used for ceremonies performed within the State of California. If you do not have a ceremony within 90 days, then the marriage license will no longer be valid. If your marriage license expires before there is a ceremony, then you must purchase a new marriage license; there are no refunds issued for unused marriage licenses.
- Fun fact is that you can have a family member or a friend marry you as long as they are ordained.
Choose Your Date + Time
- You can schedule your courthouse ceremony 45 days out from date you desire
-I recommend reserving your ceremony time between 8-9:30AM and 4-4:30pm, due to lighting, If that's not available, don't worry, there are so many spots around the courthouse that we can always find shade.
- I also recommend choosing the outdoor ceremony location for the scenery and for space.
Photography Timeline Suggestion: 2 Hrs
30 min - Check in + Ceremony
30 min - Portraits of Friends + Family
1 Hr - Formal Couple Portraits
Choose Your Outfits
- This is your day and you can wear whatever you heart desires. You don't have to follow traditions and wear white or a full suit. You can wear any color and any style dress or suit you like.
-I would suggest giving yourself some time in case you need to take the dress or suit in.
- You can shop online or in store. Tons of options!
Choose Your Vendors
- It's your big day and you deserve all the things!
-You can choose from San Diego florists, San Diego Hair + Make Up Artists, San Diego Barbers and more!
- Friendly reminder to get your nails done as there will be close up shots of the rings!
HAIR + MAKEUP:
-YEWW!! You are getting married to the love of your life!
-The people at the San Diego Courthouse County Administration Building are super nice and will be very helpful during the process!
- After we wrap our portrait session there are tons of restaurants nearby to join and celebrate with yourselves or loved ones!
Portrait sessions can take place at the courthouse or at another nearby location. Such as the beach or downtown San Diego.
You can always add time to your portrait session to have a variety of backdrops.
Downtown San Diego
Local Park (seasonal, spring)
La Jolla Beach
Star of India (across the street)